Who doesn't love the taste of soft barbecue chicken? Those delicious juicy thighs always leave the taste buds longing for more. Homemade barbecue could be just as good as the ones outdoor, provided your oven is in good condition.
To add more flavour, a quick marinade in the barbecue sauce before roasting would do . And this would also improve the tenderness of the chicken. You would need the following equipments to prepare the barbecue chicken:
1. Start by marinating the chicken, put in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle salt. Brush the legs generously with half of the barbecue sauce mixed with liquid smoke, if using. Cover and leave in the leave in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
2. Set your broiler( the grill in your oven) on high and position a rack a few inches below. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and set a metal cooling rack inside.
3. Arrange the marinated chicken on the wire rack, leaving a little space between each leg.
4. Broil chicken on one side for about 5 to 7 minutes until you begin to see dark brown charred spots. Flip, and sear the second side for about 3 to 5 minutes until also browned.
5. Reduce the heat of the oven to 350F and reposition the rack in the middle of the oven.
6.Brush chicken all over with most of the remaining barbecue sauce. Leave a little more. Slide into the oven and bake 15 minutes.
7. Flip chicken and brush with the remaining sauce where needed. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Serve chicken hot with extra barbecue sauce on the side.
Voila! Food is ready! Bon appetit!
Photo credit: Food network — by Akpo Uyeh